Friday, January 8, 2010

GI Joe 2 Writers Revealed


Yesterday we found out that Paramount had already selected the writers for the upcoming sequel to GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra, but they were unexpectedly tight lipped about it. After finding out who they are, I'm curious as to why. IESB has revealed that Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, the writing duo behind last year's Zombieland and the upcoming Deadpool film have been tapped to script the next adventure of the real American heroes.

These guys are owning the fanboy corner of Hollywood right now. While I believe Deadpool was a natural fit for these two based off the style of humor they presented in Zombieland, I'm not as certain about how well they mesh with GI Joe. Then again they might prove me wrong, it's just that they have a limited resume to draw upon. This actually amps my excitement for the next film up a little bit, and I'm sure it does for others as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment