Thursday, January 28, 2010

Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps teaser trailer!

When Wall Street 2 was first announced, I was as skeptical as anybody. It's been more than 20 years since the original film basically set off a movement and unleashed an army of greedy, money worshipping Alex P. Keatons into the world. "Greed is good" became the catchphrase of the 80s, personified by the film's most memorable character, Gordon Gekko. My thought was that it's been too long, times have changed, and trying to recapture the old glory would a waste of time.  Now that I've caught a glimpse of the trailer, my opinion has changed somewhat. Below is the trailer, and my brief comments afterwards...



So the main thing I'm digging immediately is that it takes place right after Gekko finishes a serious stint in the pokey. That scene where Gekko is waiting outside for a ride, and he sees some thug jumping into a limo is brilliant. Back in the 80s, a limo was a status symbol few could attain. Now it seems like everybody with a few extra dollars in their pocket's got one. Things have definitely changed. I'm also extremely happy to see Carey Mulligan(An Education) getting some top billing in cast list. She's a phenomenal actress who had the performance of the year in 2009, and I'm amped to see what she can do in another major role. This one's looking better than I gave it credit for.

Wall Street 2 stars Michael Douglas, Shia LaBeouf, Josh Brolin, and Carey Mulligan. It's set for release on April 23rd, 2010.

0 comments:

Post a Comment