Monday, May 24, 2010

Liotta/50 Cent Team Up for Indie Flick



Talk about odd pairings. No, not Ray Liotta and 50 Cent. I'm talkin' 50 Cent and independent cinema.  Liotta and Fitty are teaming up to be a part of director Mario Van Peebles'(Posse) indie drama, Things Fall Apart.

Fifty Cent(aka Curtis Jackson) will star as a running back who faces a personal tragedy as well as his own mortality during his senior year in college. WHAT??? He's playing a college kid? Gimme a frackin' break. Liotta will play a doctor. The film co-stars Lynn Whitfield(The Josephine Baker Story), Mike P(a comedian or something, let's just credit him with Def Comedy Jam), and Van Peebles himself.

I don't know much about this movie at all, but I like Van Peebles as a director far more than as an actor. As for Fitty, he wasn't all that bad playing himself in Get Rich or Die Tryin', nor was he that bad in 2006's Home of the Brave playing a soldier with anger issues. I like the cast, but the premise seems a little weak. I'll wait until I hear and see more before passing judgement on it's prospects.

0 comments:

Post a Comment