Friday, July 16, 2010

Trailer Time: The Town, directed by and starring Ben Affleck

I got a chance to catch the trailer for The Town a few days ago, and my immediate comment to my Punch Drunk home John was "How badly do you want to see this"? An adaptation of Chuck Hogan's crime novel, The Prince of Thieves, The Town features Ben Affleck as a criminal who falls in love with one of his robbery victims. Sounds simple and kinda cheesy, but believe me it's so much more than that. It has the gritty look and feel of one of Dennis Lehane's movie adaptations.

The film is being directed by Affleck as well, and as someone who was a huge fan of his directorial debut, Gone Baby Gone, I'm starting to think that Affleck might soon become a real force behind the camera. I still think his younger brother Casey is the superior actor, but it's good to see big Ben broadening his horizons in this way.

The Town stars Affleck, Blake Lively, Jeremy Renner, Jon Hamm, and Chris Cooper. It's set to be released on September 10th, 2010. You can check out the trailer attached to Inception this weekend, but why not just do it here first?

0 comments:

Post a Comment