Friday, January 14, 2011

Say Bye-Bye to Ridley Scott's 'Alien' prequel! Say Hello to 'Prometheus'


Yes!!!  Sorry, I'm a huge fan of Alien and Aliens, but I never wanted to see a prequel made. I had high hopes for it, but it still bothered me that those classics were being revisited so long after the fact. Whoops, getting ahead of myself here. Deadline just dropped the serious bombshell that the film has turned into something completely different at the hands of Ridley Scott and Damon Lindelof, and now 20th Century Fox have announced that film, 'Prometheus'.


A release date of March 9th 2012 has already been established, and Noomi Rapace appears to be completely on board as well. Ridley Scott had been pursuing her big time for his film. That's not all, two huge stars are circling the project as well: Charlize Theron and Angelina Jolie. Dude. I am stoked! Even moreso by what Ridley Scott has to say about it!!

Scott:  "While Alien was indeed the jumping off point for this project, out of the creative process evolved a new, grand mythology and universe in which this original story takes place. The keen fan will recognize strands of Alien’s DNA, so to speak, but the ideas tackled in this film are unique, large and provocative. I couldn’t be more pleased to have found the singular tale I’d been searching for, and finally return to this genre that’s so close to my heart."

How cool is that?  Projects change all the time, scripts for one movie become something completely different. But it's rare that it happens with a project so high profile, with a built in audience like this. Fox is taking a bold step giving up the Alien name and taking on something brand new.

0 comments:

Post a Comment