Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Trailer Time: Hop, starring Russell Brand and James Marsden

In about a week I'll finally be catching up with Hop, the live-action/animated film featuring Russell Brand as the voice of an immature, irresponsible Easter Bunny. James Marsden is the slacker who accidentally injures him, then takes him in while he heals. Tim Hill(Alvin and the Chipmunks) directed it, and basically every bit of footage I've seen has convinced me I won't be enjoying this movie at all. Maybe it's my fault for hoping Hop would tap into Russell Brand's persona and be a bit more adult-oriented, but that does not appear to be the case. Marsden is a gifted comedic actor(he was the best part of Death at a Funeral and Sex Drive), but opposite a goofy rabbit he doesn't have much to work with.

A third trailer has been released, and other than a few scenes which show some action I didn't know existed, it's still pretty underwhelming.  What do you think?  Check out the trailer below and let me know if you're looking forward to Hop when it debuts on April 1st!


0 comments:

Post a Comment