Monday, March 7, 2011

Trailer Time: Super, starring Rainn Wilson and Ellen Page

"Subversive and perverse".  That's the way IFC wants you to perceive James Gunn's small budget superhero flick, Super, which sees Rainn Wilson as a sad sack who loses his hot wife to another man, and in order to deal with he turns himself into The Crimson Bolt. He begins waging a one man war on crime using his trust wrench, not to mention his disturbingly hot sidekick, Boltie(Ellen Page).

I'm diggin' the trailer, sortof a combination of Kick-Ass and Defendor. Hopefully it's not as gloomy as Defendor was(doubtful).  The music doesn't do much for me, but it's something I've become used to in indie flicks like this.   Is it me or is Kevin Bacon so much better as a bad guy? He's such a complete tool in this trailer I wanted to smack him with a wrench myself.



Super made it's debut at last year's Toronto International Film Festival, but will hit theaters in NY and LA on April 1st. It'll then expand to more theaters, hopefully in DC!

0 comments:

Post a Comment