Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Emma Watson re-teams with David Yates for 'Your Voice In My Head'


If The Woman in Black is any indication of Daniel Radcliffe's post Harry Potter career, I'm putting my money on Emma Watson to be around a lot longer. She's already well on her way to establishing herself, with a small part in My Week With Marilyn, and a starring gig in The Perks of Being A Wallflower. The future appears very bright, but she also knows to stick close to those who got her where she is. People like Harry Potter director David Yates.

Watson is joining Yates' adaptation of Your Voice In My Head, the memoir by journalist Emma Forrest(I'm always tempted to write Emma Frost). Watson will tackle play Forrest, who at the age of 22 was spiraling out of control in a haze of drugs, alcohol, and bad relationships. When she finally hit rock bottom, she was only saved by a compassionate psychiatrist, who she would also fall in love with. I won't give the rest away, but it's pretty devastating yet also a little hopeful.

Deadline reports some pretty heavy names are being mentioned for the psychiatrist role, guys like Tom Hanks and George Clooney. But then again aren't they up for everything? Who wouldn't want them? This is a bold move for Watson, and one I fully expect her to hit a home run with.

0 comments:

Post a Comment