Sunday, February 5, 2012

Full 'G.I. Joe: Retaliation' Super Bowl TV spot


This came out a few days ago but it's such a kick ass spot it's worth revisiting. Other than Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson quoting Jay-Z, G.I. Joe: Retaliation looks simply incredible. I know it may be hard to believe, but 'Joe' is a remarkably hard franchise to get right. You can look to a number of failed comic books and cartoons for evidence. Even the first film by Stephen Sommers, while better than expected, had it's share of flaws. G.I. Joe is a weird mix of military action and a deep kung fu lore that is hard to get just right. Jon Chu, a director who has had a long love for the franchise, appears to have just said "F**k it" and threw everything against the wall to see what sticks. Y'know what? That might be the right idea.

So we got Snake Eyes fighting ninjas on a mountain, Dwayne Johnson and Bruce Willis trading macho tough guy talk, and a look at Cobra Commander which should help us all forget how terrible he was in the last film.  I can't wait for this! Check out the full Super Bowl spot for G.I. Joe: Retaliation below, and mark your calendars for June 29th....

0 comments:

Post a Comment