Monday, November 12, 2012

Guillermo Del Toro confirms talks for "Justice League Dark' film 'Heaven Sent'


So one of the more intriguing rumors to come down the pipeline recently had to do with Guillermo Del Toro. Now, that in and of itself isn't a big deal as he's rumored for something new practically every day. In fact, De Toro is attached to so much he could never possibly get it all done. Anyway, the story had him possibly directing a superhero film called Heaven Sent, which would essentially be Justice League Dark and follow a team comprised of mystical heroes like Swamp Thing, John Constantine, Zatanna, and The Spectre. Cool, right?

Well, for all the grief I give Latino Review, they may have been spot on this time. Del Toro was asked by MTV about the rumor, and he confirmed it's more fact than fiction....

Del Toro: When somebody asked me about "Justice League"…I'm not involved in "Justice League." I am discussing…I've been discussing with the fans and I've been very, very open about how much "Swamp Thing" was key when I was a kid. Comics in Mexico came on the first two days of the week. Around Tuesday and Wednesday I would go to the newsstand on my bicycle and I would get "Swamp Thing" every time it was available and I loved Jack Kirby's "Demon". I love Constantine and all that. You know, I've been pursuing doing something with them for many, many years. Hopefully it'll come to pass. But we are still just discussing.

Obviously, this would be awesome and a perfect way for Del Toro to show off his creature effects again in an even larger setting than the Hellboy flicks offered. But this is still extremely early, and Warner Bros. is probably going to make sure Justice League is on the right track first, not to mention seeing how Pacific Rim performs next year. After that, Del Toro will jump into the animated Pinocchio he's co-directing with Mark Gustafson, and then the pilot for his FX series The Strain.

0 comments:

Post a Comment