Sunday, November 23, 2008

Masters of the Universe animatics

As promised earlier today in a podcast you couldn't possibly have heard yet here are the fan created animatics from a more grounded Masters of the Universe. I'll be honest, they are not as impressive as I remember, and I almost want to say that this is not the video I was looking for but this still gets my point across. He-Man can be done, and done right in today's world. I would put it almost as a Lord of the Rings, meets Braveheart meets, Star Wars...now how awesome does that sound? What do you guys think?

2 comments:

  1. I owned my fair share of Masters of the Universe figures when I was a kid, but I can't say the concept or the cartoon ever really grabbed me. Neither does this trailer. All things being equal, I think I'd be fine with this property staying dead and buried.

    (It's worth noting, though, that they had some mad geniuses in the He-Man toy division back in the day. Moss Man? Trap Jaw? Stinkor, which they actually treated with some chemical to make smell bad? Who comes up with stuff like that? Good times.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell us how you really feel Scotus hahaha, yeah I can see what you're saying, but I think if done right a sci-fi sword and sandal epic could be pretty amazing, but thats a pretty big if. You are totally on the money with your note though, some of the most ingenious toys ever created, I love that you brought up Stinkor!! They took full advantage of the scratch and sniff craze of the times

    ReplyDelete