
Well Travis, you asked and now you receive. Will Smith has been quoted at the premier of his latest movie Seven Pounds saying that a Hancock sequel is definite. Really? If you follow Hancock after the end of the movie all you have is another vanilla superhero in tight leather. Which, by the way, when did leather become the new spandex? Guess we can thank Blade for that one. As you've heard us say in the podcast more than once the best part, and perhaps only watchable aspect of Hancock is when he's the degenerate superhero at the begining. Now, if they wanna go back to that and have 5 movies of a superhero like that, I'm sold! So what do you guys say? More Hancock, or back to Bel Air with this idea Mr. Prince?





Oh yay. More generic superhero stuff! Whoo whoo! I can pretty much guarantee you that the next film will follow the model of the first: he'll start off down 'n out in a new town and will eventually get recruited to take down some villain. Let's face it, the last movie crept by on the strength and appeal of Will Smith. Period. The next film will have to bring more to the table to be a success. No more tight leather outfits. A real world superhero(which this movie is trying to portray) would wear regular clothes, anyway.
ReplyDeleteI liked Hancock, but I doubt I'd be as lenient for a sequel. The original wasn't superb, but probably wouldn't be improved by more story.
ReplyDelete