
No, he's not from Oa. Martin Campbell, who recently directed Casino Royale, the James Bond film credited with reinvigorating that tired franchise, has been named to direct the upcoming film adventures of the Green Lantern of Sector 2814.
This is interesting news only in one regard, and that is that Green Lantern is probably now the lead upcoming superhero film in development at Warner Bros., considering the fact that practically no movement has taken place on a third Batman film. Also the JLA and Superman films have basically been tossed in the trash and have literally no work being done to progress them further. There is Jonah Hex, which looks to be moving along nicely but it's hardly the world-beater that these other potential franchises are. That leaves GL to fill the void, and that also means they can't screw this up. Campbell is a solid director with a pretty impressive resume(both Zorro films, Goldeneye), and I think he'll do a good job. Now if only they'd get David Boreanaz to play Hal. I won't hold my breath.





If they decide to use another character other than Hal Jordan as GL, I'm not going to see it. I hated the fact that they were planning on using John Stewart for the JLA movie. Thank goodness that's over.
ReplyDeleteI've never been a big Boreanaz fan, and I think he'd be an especially bad Hal Jordan. I'd much rather see someone like Jon Hamm in the role.
ReplyDeleteI've always kinda dug David Boreanaz ever since he was on Angel. He's got charisma, has amazing comedic timing, bu can play the serious role just as well. I think the only thing that would stop him from making a good Hal is his age. I think he voices Hal Jordan in some of the DC cartoons that have been out.
ReplyDeleteSeaniman: What's wrong with John Stewart? He's aweseome! My favorite GL was always Guy Gardner, though. I always root for the dickhead.