Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Vin Diesel Confirms Third Riddick Film on the Way


In an interview with Gamespot to discuss the upcoming Dark Athena video game, Vin Diesel all but confirmed that a third Chronicles of Riddick film is on the way. He said:

"Maybe we're too tight-lipped about the next Chronicles of Riddick film, and I think circa the release of [Dark Athena] that's probably when you'll start hearing more about the next Riddick film. It is underway and I almost think it's a coincidence that we haven't heard anything, that there hasn't been a lot of public stuff on the Riddick movie."

The first two Riddick films grossed a little over $100 million combined in the U.S. The first film, Pitch Black, was a huge success considering it's limited budget and is considered the film that really put Diesel on the map. The follow-up, The Chronicles of Riddick, was a much larger film and as such was considered somewhat of a flop. But the franchise has really lived on through a series of very successful and highly acclaimed video games. It's suspected that the third film will sport a reduced budget much like the first.

I wasn't a fan of Pitch Black, but thought Chronicles was okay. I'd have much preferred a follow-up to Diesel's last sci-fi flick, Babylon AD, which was really good and has loads of sequel potential. But I'm a sucker for anything sci-fi, so I'm kinda looking forward to see how this shapes up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment