Wednesday, February 15, 2012

'The Amazing Spider-Man' villain The Lizard makes his debut!!



Every year about this time we start to get sneak peeks at the star's of the coming summer's blockbuster flicks from an event that doesn't get too much attention. That event is "Toy Fair"....kinda like the comic-con for toys, and like comic-con the convention is beginning to garner more and more attention every year by making the focus movies, or in this case movie tie-ins.

Follow the link to see what you came for!




Remember me?
I used to take the Toy Fair leaks with a tiny grain of salt, then came GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra, over and over I said, "No, they mixed something up...that's not what Cobra Commander looks like!" but alas my dear friends I was wrong, as that aquarium headed super-villian took the screen I shook my finger and said "Ohh you, Toy Fair....with your silly rightness". Vis-a-Vi, the toy's are the portal to the future...especially with the toys kids have today, I mean DAMN will you look at that detail! I remember all my He-Man and Gi Joe figures looking vaugely like the guys from THX-1138. I'm still certain that is the reason any toy made in the 80's was needlessly flamboyant, simply because you couldn't tell who it was from the face.




Anyway, this dapper young gentlema...er....reptile is none other than Dr. Curt Connors aka The Lizard aka the bad guy in the upcoming Spider-man reinvention (It's so rebooted that they even use the hyphen!).


What? I'm not doing the HULK face, this is Lizard face!


While the toy does look pretty cool, well 4 parts cool 1 part rejected Street Sharks character, I still wonder how he'll play out on screen. With the level of real world feel we seem to crave for our superheros these days I just don't see a 6 foot 'roided out GEICO gecko sealing the deal. I mean, they left OsCorp and that whole story line in, why not just go full on copycat and use the Green Goblin, or even better skip to the Hobgoblin and redeem that eXtreme snowboarder guy we saw crowding the screen in the third movie. I shall cut it there and reserve the rest of my snark for after I see the movie (other wise I'll have you guys quoting me back to myself when I'm gushing later on about my red and blue fever). Check it out and let us know what you think!


Domo Arigato?
NERDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment