Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Watch the first 2 minutes from Brit Marling's festival hit, 'Sound of My Voice'


Other than maybe Elizabeth Olsen, nobody made a bigger splash across the festival circuit last year than multi-hyphenate Brit Marling, who turned heads with two films, the slow moving sci-fi drama, Another Earth, and the psychological thriller Sound of My Voice. Another Earth hit theaters late last year to some acclaim, with her writing and acting ability earning her spots on a number of end of the year lists. Word had been quiet on Sound of My Voice, though, and for awhile it looked like the film may never see the light of day. That appears to be changing now, as the film is set to open here in DC this coming May, with Apple releasing the first two minutes of it online.

Directed by Zal Batmanglij, who co-wrote the script with Marling, the story follows a documentary filmmaking couple(Christopher Denham and Nicole Vicius) investigating a cultish group and their charismatic leader, a woman named Maggie(Marling), with hopes of revealing her to be a fraud. This is a film I've been anxiously waiting for, even though Another Earth to me was a major disappointment. I didn't expect Sound of My Voice to be this instantly gripping, and more than a little spooky, and more than a little reminiscent of Martha Marcy May Marlene.

Check out the first two minutes of the film below, and dig the crazy poster seen above, featuring a handshake the cult uses that I'm guessing will play a major factor in the story somehow...

0 comments:

Post a Comment