Thursday, June 3, 2010

Coming Soon: The Professor

DA BRONX PRODUCTIONS AND EMO FILMS DEVELOPING “THE PROFESSOR” STARRING TAIMAK GUARRIELLO



HOLLYWOOD, CA – 05/24/2010--- Da Bronx Productions and EMO Films are currently developing “The Professor” starring Taimak Guarriello of the cult classic “The Last Dragon”.

The suspense thriller centers on a man struggling to keep his life together as his past begins to resurrect after consuming an experimental brew.

Fabian Carrillo of Da Bronx Productions will be producing the film with Joel Eisenberg and Timothy Owens of EMO Films executive producing. The screenplay was written by Taimak Guarriello and Drew Crowder. Music will be composed by Carlos Nicasio.





Oh yeah, you read that right...Taimak Guarriello is back. Star of the 80's cult fave 'The Last Dragon' Taimak has been absent from the big screen in recent years, which is a travesty if you ask me. This guy should have, and honestly still could, be up there with martial arts names like Norris, Van Damme and Seagal. In his role as "Bruce" Leroy Green we saw some amazing potential for on screen ass kicking glory. Anyone can throw a punch on screen but to display real martial arts skill and make it look good the way this guy does is a feat. I know what you''re thinking, "John, that was 1985...he must have lost a step or two by now"...nope, sorry. I did some research when I heard Taimak would be making a new film and he's still got it. He's been actively making DVD movies, runs his own gym, and has even put out his own series of fitness DVD's, needless to say no step was lost.  I'm going on, I know, but I'm a bit of an aficionado when it comes to the martial arts film so forgive me if I'm a bit stoked at the idea of this new film. Though this film is in no way associated with The Last Dragon it sounds as if they are going to be using the mystical element that made 'Dragon' stand apart from other karate flicks of it's time. I'm all for that, we're in a time now when everything has to be made more "real" and "gritty", I could use a little fantasy mixed in with my roundhouse kicking action. I'll be anxiously awaiting more news on this flick and you should be too. As always the second we get more information on this developing project we'll get it out to you so stay tuned for the latest.

0 comments:

Post a Comment