Thursday, June 3, 2010

The First 5 Minutes of GET HIM TO THE GREEK!

The idea of a spinoff/sequel of Forgetting Sarah Marshall focusing on Russell Brand's hard rockin' popstar Aldous Snow hardly seemed like something I'd ever come close to wanting to see. But I have to admit, the trailers have been pretty sweet. That said, there's a pretty wide strike zone on this on. Thankfully, Universal Pictures has been nice enough to release the first 5 minutes of Get Hm To the Greek so that those of you who are on the fence can decide if it looks funny or not.

I chuckled more than a couple of times. Russell Brand doesn't really do much for me, but I loved Rose Byrne as the troubled pop starlet, Jackie Q. Colm Meaney showing up as Snow's father/manager was a treat as well. The "Behind the Music" take they're employing obviously isn't going to stick around for the long haul, which is a shame. I think I would've dug this is if it was more like say....Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story?  We'll be having a full review of the film up either late tonight or early tomorrow morning, courtesy of my homie John, since I'll be out getting all cultured up at the opera or something tonight. In the meanwhile, check out the opening sequence of Get Him to the Greek and let us know what you think!

0 comments:

Post a Comment