Monday, July 5, 2010

Another Mutant Added to X-men: First Class!

Ok, now they're just getting ridiculously obscure. If anybody other than me and the rest of the X-geeks know who Willow is, I'll be shocked. No, not Willow from the 1988 Ron Howard film. This Willow is a shapeshifting X-man from the future. X-Nation 2099 to be exact. She's the next mutant being cast in Matthew Vaughn's X-Men: First Class.

Erica Hosseini, a surfer I've never heard of before in my life, recently audtioned for the role and has been tweeting about it ever since.

It doesn't appear as if she's won the part. As far as I can tell, Hosseini has no acting experience to speak of, but that doesn't really say much. The interesting thing to me is that Willow is a character at all, since this means that the story is going off on a wildly different path than the X-Men: First Class comic. Not that the other X-Men movies stuck to any sort of comic book continuity either, so maybe this shouldn't come as a surprise.

0 comments:

Post a Comment