Friday, July 2, 2010

Sure Shots: X-men First Class; Sin City 2; Mad Max

* It's a well known fact that my favorite Marvel comic is X-Factor, and that one of my favorite mutants is Jamie Madrox aka Multiple Man. So it must be my lucky friggin' day, as Avengersnews is reporting that Multiple Man will be filling out the roster of students in X-Men: First Class. Some guy named Kevin Pennington has been offered up the role, played briefly by Eric Dane in X-men: The Last Stand. Pennington has an unspecified role in The Avengers, so clearly he's become something of a favorite over at Marvel Studios.

* Robert Rodriguez tells Movieweb that he might finally start production on Sin City 2 after he finishes up Spy Kids 4: Armageddon. Rodriguez says that he's still working on finalizing the script. I'll believe it when I'm actually sitting in my seat, and i get those first black and white scenes imprinted into my brain, and not a second before.

* Two Mad Max films? Isn't one remake of a vastly overrated sci-fi film enough? Rumors are that Warner Brothers has greenlit two Mad Max films to be shot back-to-back by director George Miller. The first film, starring Tom Hardy, has been known about for some time. The second as yet unconfirmed film would be titled Mad Max: Furiosa. Furiosa? Sounds like the title of some long lost ABBA album or something.

1 comment:

  1. I find it ironic that you talked about Jamie Madrox being your favourite mutant, and then go on to say that the Mad Max films are over-rated...lol.

    ReplyDelete