Tuesday, January 11, 2011

From the Terminator to Judge Dredd; Lena Headey nabs primary villain role

Thanks to my Kevin and Josh Movie Show compadre Brendon Connelly over at BleedingCool for this story, which he picked up from a popular Judge Dredd fansite. Lena Headey, who most of my faithful fanboy friends will remember from The Sarah Connor Chronicles, has won the prime villain role in 'Dredd', the Judge Dredd relaunch directed by Pete Travis and starring Karl Urban and Olivia Thirlby.

Since I'm not much of a Judge Dredd expert, I don't recall if her character, Ma-Ma, was featured in the comics or not. She's described as "a woman in her late fifties or early sixties with a big scar through her cheek and lip."  Ma-Ma is the leader of a gang that takes over the Peach Tree City Block where most of the film will be taking place.

They better not touch that face of hers. Ah who am I kidding, she'll still be hot even with a fat scar across her mug. She's come a long way since I first thought she was awful in the 2000 teen thriller, Gossip. Now she's one of my favorites, and Dredd is turning out to be a film I'm really getting amped for.

0 comments:

Post a Comment