Thursday, July 21, 2011

Peter Segal to direct National Lampoon's Vacation remake?

You know how long it's been since we last mentioned the planned remake of National Lampoon's Vacation? It was back in February.....2010. That's a long ass time, but during that lengthy stretch writers John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein have seen their careers take off with the hit comedy, Horrible Bosses. They also managed to complete a second draft of the Lampoon's script, according to a source speaking with 24 Frames.  So is this thing getting off the ground now? I'd be lying if I said I wasn't crossing my fingers that it wasn't, although it appears I'd be wasting my time.

The site says New Line has been meeting with a number of directors for the project, with Peter Segal being on that list. His last two films were both remakes or reboots, Adam Sandler's terrible The Longest Yard, and the decent Get Smart featuring Steve Carell and Anne Hathaway. He can take full responsibility for Naked Gun 33 1/3, 50 First Dates, and Anger Management as well. Ugh. I know some of you may have a fondness for Tommy Boy, but I personally find that flick irritating.

Last we heard, the story would revolve around a grown up Rusty Griswold(previously played by Anthony Michael Hall) trying to take his own family on an ill-fated vacation. The hope was to bring back Chevy Chase and Beverly D'Angelo as Clark and Ellen Griswold for cameos.

0 comments:

Post a Comment