Thursday, July 21, 2011

Trailer Time: Drive, starring Ryan Gosling and Carey Mulligan


This is exactly what I was waiting for, and yet I was completely unprepared for it. The trailer for Nicolas Winding Refn(Bronson, Valhalla Rising) and Ryan Gosling's gritty crime flick, Drive, has arrived and I think it's time to start clearing my calendar for September 16th. Like right now. Gosling puts on his tough guy pants as a stunt car driver who also acts as the wheelman for some shady criminal types. When a job goes belly up, a contract is put out on him that endangers everyone in his life.  Carey Mulligan, Bryan Cranston, a seedy Albert Brooks, Christina Hendricks, Ron Perlman, and Oscar Isaac round out an amazing cast.  The trailer crescendos to a glorious, operatic whirlwind of violence and destruction. I'm out of breath. Watch for yourself. I'm hitting "Play" now for the fifth time....




" I think you're gonna have to put that on hold...for the rest of your life". Dude, Albert Brooks is not supposed to give me the chills!

0 comments:

Post a Comment