Thursday, July 28, 2011

Trailer Time: Tower Heist, starring Ben Stiller and Eddie Murphy


Nobody lambasts Brett Ratner as much as I do, but I have to admit every now and then he's capable of hitting a ground rule double. Nothing involving Jackie Chan or Chris Tucker, mind you. I did have a good time with his heist film, After the Sunset.  In some ways his latest, Tower Heist, reminds me of that. A fantastic ensemble cast of funny folks who don't seem to mesh on paper, in a haphazard scheme for riches. Ben Stiller plays the manager of a swanky high rise, who discovers that his and the pensions of his co-workers has been stolen by a unscrupulous billionaire(Alan Alda). The employees hire a criminal(Eddie Murphy) to help them plan a heist to steal their money back. Casey Affleck, Gaby Sidibe, Michael Pena, Matthew Broderick, and Tea Leoni also star.

Based on this first trailer for the film, it definitely has the look of a Ratner film. Fast dialogue and mostly silly characters. Eddie Murphy for once isn't dressed up in a fat suit, which is a plus. Although is it weird that I thought he looks more and more like Charlie Murphy everytime I see him? Shouldn't it be the other way around? I remain cautiously optimistic on this one. Tower Heist is set to open on November 4th, but you can check out the trailer now...





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments:

Post a Comment