Thursday, July 28, 2011

More new images from The Hunger Games

EW has released a few new images from Gary Ross's adaptation of The Hunger Games, Suzanne Collins' wildly popular novel about young people forced to kill eachother for the government's amusement. No, it's not the American version of Battle Royale. I used to think so myself until I read all three novels. The Hunger Games evolves into something much larger than the original concept.

These new pics feature Jennifer Lawrence as the story's protagonist, Katniss Everdeen, a smart competitor from the poor District 12. Liam Hemsworth as Gale Hawthorne, Katniss's best friend with a not so secret crush. And Josh Hutcherson as Peeta Mellark, the fiercely loyal son of a baker(hence him standing outside the pastry shop) who also holds a torch for Katniss. I smell a love triangle.

The image of Peeta outside the pastry shop is almost exactly the way I had it in my mind. Eerily accurate. I continue to like how Ross has made the look of District 12 so normal. This isn't Gattaca, and although this is a future society, technological advances haven't exactly trickled down to the masses. I can't wait until we start seeing shots of some of the adults, in particular Woody Harrelson as Haymitch and Elizabeth Banks as Effie Trinkett.







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments:

Post a Comment