Thursday, January 19, 2012

Trailer Time: 'Resident Evil: Retribution', starring Milla Jojovich and Michelle Rodriguez


I can't explain it, but Resident Evil: Retribution has got me pretty excited. I've been sitting by my desk all day waiting for the trailer to drop, and now it's here. Y'know what? Other than being one big wet kiss to Sony, it looks pretty damn good. After three fairly terrible movies, mostly helmed by series creator Paul W.S. Anderson, I thought that Resident Evil: Afterlife moved the franchise in a positive direction. It looked better, the story was simpler and stuck a bit closer to it's video game roots. For the first time in a very long time I wanted to see where the story of superwoman Alice(Milla Jojovich) would lead.

Wisely, this one appears to be taking a closer look at Alice's mysterious past, which might explain why Michelle Rodriguez and a handful of others killed off in previous films are back. The stylish action has never been Resident Evil's problem, and based on this trailer it looks bigger than ever before. Plus, I'll take any opportunity to see Jojovich, Rodriguez, Sienna Guillory and Li Bingbing kicking arse in slow motion. Call me a caveman if you must but clearly the director agrees.

Resident Evil: Retribution opens in 3D on September 14th. Check out the new trailer below....

0 comments:

Post a Comment