Sunday, May 20, 2012

Relax! Jackie Chan isn't retiring!


The Internet kinda blew up a couple of days ago when Jackie Chan made this statement while attending the Cannes Film Festival to hype his new film, Chinese Zodiac....

Chan: "This will be my last big action movie."

The legendary actor added that he thought the world was too violent, and while he loves fighting, he hates violence. This led many people to assume that Chan was retiring from the business completely, and many sites took that story and ran with it. Well, Chan came out on his Facebook page to set the record straight...

Chan: "Hello all my friends and fans,

Yesterday in my press conference in Cannes for Chinese 12 Zodiac I said that this movie was my last big action movie.

Today I was shocked when I woke up to read all the news coverage that I was retiring from doing Action movies.

I just want to let everyone know that I am not retiring from doing action movies. What I meant to say is that I need to do less of the life risking stunts on my movies. After all these years of doing so many stunts and breaking so many bones, I need to take better care of my body so I can keep working.

I will continue to do international action movies.
And I will keep improving my English :-)

I love all of you!

Jackie"

Chan has starred in more than a 100 movies in his career, marking the centennial recently with the war drama, 1911.  He's also been one of the few martial arts superstars to do his own stunts nearly every time, and given his dangerous, acrobatic style, it's led to numerous injuries. Sure, most of them end up as bloopers during the credits of his movies, but those things start to pile up. At 58 years old, Chan is nearly old enough to be a part of The Expendables 3!

After Chinese Zodiac(which is the third Armour of God film), Chan says he'll also be a part of The Karate Kid sequel, which we learned is moving forward with Zak Penn scripting. He also says he's down for a Rush Hour 4, which hopefully will NEVER HAPPEN!!!!! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment