Sunday, May 13, 2012

Trailer Time: '30 Beats', starring Jennifer Tilly and Lee Pace


Stop me if you've seen this movie a gazillion times: a bunch of single New Yorkers have their lives intersect in unexpected ways while navigating the world of love and sex. Yep, 30 Beats is one of those movies, but rather than looking like another another glammed up New Year's Eve, I'm sensing there may be something more under the hood here.

For one, the international flavor of the cast has me thinking of Max Ophuls' La Ronde adaptation, and since it's mentioned specifically in this new trailer, I'm guessing director Alexis Lloyd would be quite happy with that comparison. Also, I don't see much that has me thinking it'll rely too heavily on easy, sitcom comedy. Sure, some of the situations look familiar, like the awkward post-booty call scene, but it's not played up for shits and giggles, which is nice. Plus, the cast is made up in a way that makes me think Lloyd has actually experienced the melting pot of New York in her life. Jennifer Tilly, Lee Pace, Justin Kirk, Condola Rashad(Smash), Vahina Giocante(Ultimate Heist), and Paz De La Huerta give the film a global appeal.

We'll see how 30 Beats pans out when it opens here on July 20th. Check out the trailer below...


30 Beats - trailer HD (2012) Alexis Lloyd (Paz... by myfilm-gr

0 comments:

Post a Comment