Thursday, May 10, 2012

Trailer Time: 'The Odd Life of Timothy Green', starring Jennifer Garner and Joel Edgerton


"Magical". "Inspirational". "Wondrous". These are all words I've seen used to describe The Odd Life of Timothy Green, which features Jennifer Garner and Joel Edgerton as a married couple who literally plant themselves a kid. Seriously. I'm glad some people are excited for it, and consider myself a huge fan of writer/director Peter Hedges(Dan in Real Life, Pieces of April), but this film just look totally insufferable.

Obviously a Disney film, the story centers on Cindy(Garner) and Jim(Edgerton), who want a child of their own but can't. So one day they decide to literally bury in the backyard all of their hopes and dreams of ever becoming parents and....*POOF!!*, up sprouts a real live boy who proceeds to change their lives. Duh. Of course he does. And what's the deal with the stars of these movies introducing us to the trailers now? I don't need Jennifer Garner telling me what I'm about to watch. I'm the guy who clicked the button for it. Ugh. "It's all very sudden and kinda miraculous". No, just really grating.

Obviously, this isn't a movie high on my "to-do" list, and it bugs me even more to see such talented folks(including Rosemarie DeWitt, Edgerton, and Common) here because it means I'll have to watch it. >sigh<  Oh well. Opening on August 15th, it likely won't be in theaters long as it gets engulfed by the summer's big movies. Check out the trailer below....[MSN]


0 comments:

Post a Comment