Friday, November 8, 2013

Peter Berg's 'Lone Survivor' gets a second trailer; 2014 release date


"God's looking out for us," say the men in "Lone Survivor," the latest film from Peter Berg. And here we go, with a second trailer for the film that was originally slated for a Christmas release but is getting moved to the middle of January instead.

What does that say about the film's quality? Well, it certainly has a good ensemble cast, led by Mark Wahlberg and including the likes of Taylor Kitsch and Ben Foster. It's certainly an amazing story of, well, survival. But a movie like this can veer into masturbatory patriotism territory very, very fast, and although it's getting early buzz, that release date move takes it out of awards consideration. Which I'm not sure is exactly what director Peter Berg might want.

But hey, make your own opinions. The new trailer is below, and Lone Survivor is now slated for a Jan. 10, 2014, release. I'll be honest; I'm a sucker for this ensemble. But I'm still mixed on the film itself, and I'm not sure if this trailer is doing anything new for me. What does everyone else think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment