Saturday, September 20, 2014

Michael Keaton Hates Bloggers in First 'Birdman' Clip


While attending another screening yesterday for a film I wasn't too excited about, one of the ladies running it told me they had just held a trade screening of Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu's Birdman. I've never been so jealous of people I'll never know or meet. The film, a meta comedy starring Michael Keaton as an actor attempting a comeback in the superhero role that built his career, has been earning the year's best reviews since playing at festivals. And while festival buzz is sometimes hard to judge (ask me about the "festival bubble" some day) the trailers and this new 15-second clip are pretty darn good.

In what is basically a tease of a tease, this scene features an argument between Keaton's character and his daughter, played by Emma Stone. Actually it's more of a scolding from her since he doesn't get a single word in, but we get that he's clearly not someone she holds in the highest esteem right now. This probably won't be good for his deteriorating mental state.

Birdman hits theaters on October 17th and it can't get here soon enough for me. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment