Tuesday, June 7, 2011

30 Day Film Challenge Day 22: Your Favorite Horror Film


The scariest movie I ever saw wasn't a horror at all. It was Joe Winston's What's the Matter with Kansas? But this is about horrors, not my favorite genre at all. They don't scare me, and isn't that supposed to be the point? Slashers are mostly useless now that every conceivable way to slice someone has been shown. The only thing left to do is up the ante with more gruesome kills, and that stuff doesn't bother me. But a good psychological horror can be truly terrifying. The type that gets into your brain and sits there, ready to invade your thoughts the next time the lights go out. And when it comes to good psychological  scares, no other film did it better than William Friedkin's The Exorcist. Even with the crappy pea soup special effects, The Exorcist remains the only film to ever give me the shivers.


Follow the 30 Day Film Challenge on Facebook!

0 comments:

Post a Comment