Thursday, June 10, 2010

Transformers 3 Details Revealed!

Why they bother releasing plot details about a movie like Transformers 3 is beyond me. I'm not exactly sitting here at my computer waiting for it, and frankly they don't matter. Regardless of what I think, Michael Bay and producer Lorenzo Di Bonaventura revealed a few things during an interview with USA Today. The stuff that caught my eye....

* Transformers 3 will be in 3-D, although we don't know if it'll be shot in 3-D or if it'll be a post-processing. Considering that one of my biggest issues with Transformers was that sometimes it looked like a jumbled mass of autoparts being ran through a blender, that could be a problem. Remember how bad Clash of the Titans looked? This could be worse. I have faith that Bay won't let that happen, though.

* Other than Soundwave and Ultra Magnus, my favorite Transformer was Shockwave. Lucky for me that he will be the villain this time around. In the cartoon and comic, Shockwave was the purple laser cannon who ran the Decepticons' Cybertron operations. He...also overthrew Megatron a time or two. It appears he's up to his old schemes, as this time around he's become dictator of Cybertron while the others are on Earth. I'd get excited over this, but since the Tranformers in the movie almost never resemble their cartoon counterparts, there's a chance Shockwave will end up a silver jet or something.

* Say goodbye to those racially insensitive Twin autobots who cast a foul stench over the last movie. Bay confirms they are "basically gone". Hopefully they show up in the beginning as oil stains on a wall moments after being blasted by Starscream. That would be awesome.

* This will be the last film, or at least the end of this trilogy. The chances of this being the final Transformers film are zero, but chances are that Bay will move into a producer role while the franchise is rebooted by somebody else. At least that's my expectation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment