Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Is Winona Ryder still hopeful of a 'Heathers' sequel?


Looks like it's keggers with kids, afterall.  I've tried to stay pretty up on any news regarding any potential sequels to what I think is the best movie of the 1980s, Heathers.  If you haven't seen it, go rent it now! Better yet, just buy the damned thing! You will not regret it.  The possibility of a sequel first came to light almost two years ago when Winona Ryder, the original film's star, confirmed that the writers had worked up a story and even Christian Slater had agreed to return as a Yoda-type character. How friggin' cool would that be? I'd drink a mug of Liquid Drainer to see that happen.

Then a few months later came the story that Fox was working up a potential TV series based on the film. I wasn't keen on that idea one teensy tiny bit, but thankfully nothing seems to have come of it.  There's been very little news on anything Heathers-related since, until now. Talking to MTV about her new comedy, The Dilemma, Ryder sounds hopeful that a sequel could still happen, but she doesn't appear to be counting on it...


Ryder: "We've gotta do it because, you know, Heathers exist outside of high school," "And there was this whole idea that Dan [Waters], you know, came up with with some little additions from me. At one point, I really wanted it to happen and was trying to get everyone riled up. But last I heard, who knows?"
That really sucks, because I'm dying to know what happened to Veronica, J.D., and even sad ol' Martha Dumptruck.

0 comments:

Post a Comment