Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Trailer Time: Happythankyoumoreplease, starring Josh Radnor and Malin Ackerman


I don't think I've seen one full minute of How I Met Your Mother, nor will I ever. If I need my Cobie Smulders or Alyson Hannigan fix I've got plenty of printed material for that. But I always hear  about how likable the show's star, Josh Radnor is. Maybe so, but can he make the transition from TV star to big screen film director in the same way Zach Braff did?

A trailer has been released for his new film, Happythankyoumoreplease, which he wrote while shooting the first couple of seasons of his show. The movie premiered at Sundance and won the audience award for Best Drama, so it's got some pretty good legs under it already. The story basically follows a number of different couples and all their myriad problems. What caught my eye last year was the cast, in particular Kate Mara(Transsiberian) and Zoe Kazan, who I had in my Top 10 best female performances for her role in The Exploding Girl. Unlike some people, I actually quite like Malin Ackerman, even though she looks like a Twilek in this flick. The cast is rounded out pretty well by Tony Hale(Arrested Development) and Pablo Schreiber(Lords of Dogtown). 

Thanks to Brendon Connelly over at Bleeding Cool, because he first brought it to my attention.  Check out the trailer below, and look out for the film when it hits theaters in March.

0 comments:

Post a Comment