Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ain't no love for these two new X-men: First Class character posters

The official Facebook page for X-men: First Class has unveiled two brand new posters featuring James McAvoy as Charles Xavier and Michael Fassbender as Erik Lehnsherr. So far the response to them has been mostly negative from what I've seen, and to be honest my gut reaction was "Ugh that looks cheap".  But if I saw them hanging on a wall in a movie theater they would get my attention, which is the point.  I like the recurring theme of giving a glimpse at these two characters' futures in the background silouettes. I think the faces of McAvoy and Fassbender could've been left out, but that's not really a big deal. Simple but ultimately effective I think.

My only concern is that we aren't getting much of the rest of the cast. I feel like we've seen enough of Xavier and Magneto. Let's see some White Queen, Beast, and Mystique, please!  Check out the posters below, which I snagged from our friends at Bleeding Cool because Facebook's being tooly.


0 comments:

Post a Comment