Monday, May 16, 2011

30 Day Film Challenge-Day 6- A Film That Reminds You of Somewhere

I went with a film that takes me back to my favorite hang out of my youth. The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters took me back to a time when I spent literally dozens of hours at the arcade, meeting new people and making friends over thousands of Street Fighter matches. I still count many of these folks as my friends today. Much like in this amazing documentary, there was an interesting class structure at play in the arcade, where popularity was determined not by a person's friendliness or sense of humor, but by how well they could throw a fireball or perform an uppercut. It's sad to think about how few arcades there are left in the world. For a guy like me who wasn't always so good at meeting people it was like a social life raft.




Follow the 30 Day Film Challenge on Facebook!

0 comments:

Post a Comment