Thursday, August 25, 2011

Marisa Miller joins R.I.P.D. as Jeff Bridges' human avatar. Say wha??

Mmmm...Marisa Miller. The Victoria's Secret model has chosen the weirdest of roles for her feature film debut, as she'll play the human avatar to Jeff Bridges' character in R.I.P.D. Yep, when people look at Bridges, what they'll see is the former Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover girl. I can live with that.

Directed by Robert Schwentke(Red), the film is based on a Dark Horse comic about a pair of undead police officers in the Rest In Peace Department. One is an ex-cop played by Ryan Reynolds, who works the beat while looking for the guy who murdered him. Bridges is his partner, an Old West gunslinger. Kevin Bacon is the bad guy, with Stephanie Szostak co-starring, and Mary-Louise Parker as the head of the department.

Yeah, this one's shaking out to be pretty weird. I've known a thing or two about R.I.P.D. and just sortof assumed the "avatar" bit would be dropped to give the stars more screen time, but turns out I was way off.

R.I.P.D. is set to hit theaters on June 28th 2013. [THR]

0 comments:

Post a Comment