Thursday, June 24, 2010

Crowe, Damon team-up for We Bought a Zoo

It's been a long time since we've seen anything from Cameron Crowe. 2005's Elizabethtown to be exact. It's been even longer since we've seen him working with Matt Damon. Like forever, since it's never happened. 20th Century Fox is looking to rectify that, by courting Damon to star in Crowe's next film, We Bought a Zoo.

Zoo is based on the memoir by Benjamin Mee, former writer for The Guardian, and his experiences after buying the rundown Dartmoor Zoological Park in England. He and his family bought the zoo after it was forced to close in 2006, worked to bring it back up to par and eventually reopening it later the next year.

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person who really dug Elizabethtown. Vanilla Sky is still on my shortlist of movies I walked out of. In general Cameron Crowe is pretty hit or miss with me. Say Anything is a classic, so is Almost Famous.  Vanilla Sky and Singles have permanent lodging in my doghouse. I like the sound of this one already.

We Bought a Zoo already has a release date of December 23, 2011 set.

You can read more of Variety's coverage of the story here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment