Thursday, June 17, 2010

'The Monster Squad' remake gets its writers.


I've stated openly that The Monster Squad is one of my all time favorite childhood movies. It's where I get my love for horror and, more specifically, the Universal monsters. It's a great mix of childhood friendships, humor, horror, action, and mysticism. Given my love for the source material you can see why I am a bit nervous at the upcoming remake. It can certainly work, but it will be hard to do. Everything in the original was so well done you would have to match that in all aspects to make this worth while. Story, casting, SFX, all of it has to be on point. The first rung has been mounted as cousins Mark and Brian Gunn have officially signed on to ink out the script. Here's hoping the approach it the right way so the next generation can have the fun that I had with this flick!

Thanks to Heat Vison and The Movie Blog for the news!

0 comments:

Post a Comment